Job Opportunity: Senior Java Developer
JOB TITLE: Senior Java Developer
REPORTS TO: Chief Technology Officer
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
ECRS, the leader in unified transaction technology for Point-of-Sale software, is expanding its team of smart, passionate, and tremendously creative developers. We are seeking an accomplished Senior Java Developer to join our team and help us define, build, and optimize experiences for our integrated retail technology platform.
Are you seeking the opportunity to make an instant, impactful contribution using your strong Java skills? ECRS will allow you to accomplish your goals and fuel your passions as a Senior level Java developer while giving you the respect you deserve as an individual contributor. ECRS's Core Values call us to recognize and reward your talents, and to empower you as a creative force on our Development team. We care about what you can do for us, and for our thousands of customers and millions of consumers. You are not just a number at ECRS.
Our developers experience significant professional growth and are proud of the work they contribute during their careers at ECRS. You will work with similarly dedicated and passionate coworkers.
If this aligns with where you want to go, you have a strong command of Java, and you have a knack for creating innovative solutions to complex coding problems, ECRS is the place for you. Our platform helps our customers uncover insights that allow them to enhance online shopping, extend reach, and solve hidden user experience challenges. We help the people who use our platform interact directly with their customers to answer questions, resolve issues, and keep them coming back for more.
Who you are:
We are looking for a Senior (5+ years of experience) Java Developer who can thrive in a fast-paced environment developing complex applications, and who is passionate about creating engaging user experiences.
We value people that have a sense of ownership and a problem-solving mindset! We have a fast-paced work style, using Agile methodology. Embracing big challenges is part of our culture. You will constantly be challenged to learn new technologies and be given the freedom to solve problems on your own and to learn by doing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Spend your days solving a wide variety of exciting design, product, and business problems. You will be responsible for maintaining, building & iterating our enterprise applications. From the get-go, you will be working on new features that matter and bring benefits to our customers - you will be shipping code into production in no time, fundamentally aligning with the agile ECRS culture, mentoring new hires, and playing a pivotal role in product development.
We are looking for a Senior Java Developer to manage the SDLC, from planning and prioritizing to testing and rapid delivery. You will be part of our development team that works on POS (Point of Sale) software applications. As a Senior Java developer team member, you will contribute to the design and development of an application. You will take part in the end-to-end stages of the development lifecycle.
Java Developer responsibilities include:
- Interacting with the customer and internal teams in identifying and analyzing requirements for development purposes.
- Performing activities related to the creation of documents for client requirements.
- Prioritizing the task and executing tasks throughout the SDLC.
- Providing technical help and mentoring to junior developers.
- Must follow Lean and Agile development methodologies.
- Senior Java developers will analyze and assess the business needs of the client to find the best solution for the client. Overall strong analytical and problem-solving skills are highly important for this role.
- Senior Java Developer responsibilities include gathering system requirements, designing application architecture and implementing modern application design and testing features before release.
- You should have hands-on experience in developing software with agile or scrum methodologies and be ready and able to mentor our junior developers.
- You should have an innovative thought process and creative thinking that can bring out of the box ideas and alternative ways of system implementation.
- Ensure our applications must be secure and up to date.
- Expert Knowledge of the Java stack - Spring, Apache libraries and common open-source frameworks
- 5+ years of solid commercial development experience in Java Experience with Spring, REST frameworks.
- REST, API design, API Strategy, Semantic richness of APIs
- Experience with microservices and frameworks (DropWizard, Spring Boot)
- Experience with processing large amounts of data in a cloud environment (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Comprehensive automated testing experience with CICD pipelines
- Security aware at all stages of the development process Desired Skills
- You should have experience with Object-Oriented Design.
- At least 5years of work experience as a Senior Java Developer in a commercial setting.
- In-depth knowledge of popular Java frameworks like Struts, Play, JSF, and Spring MVC.
- Experience with Java and USB hardware integration.
- Experience integrating to 3rdparty APIs via json, xml, sockets, etc.
- Positive and professional approach always.
- Familiar with SQL or NoSQL databases like MySQL, MongoDB.
- Experience with the large and disparate data set.
- Creating Web Services and RESTful services with Web API.
- Familiar with Open-Source tools and good to have experience with Amazon Web Service (AWS).
ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES.
ECRS is a fast-paced, progressive technology company with a wide range of opportunities for quality-oriented, career-minded individuals. Geographically situated in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains, ECRS offers the unique opportunity high-tech career in a resort college town setting. The ECRS family is made up of energetic, outgoing professionals who love what they do for a living. They are courteous, knowledgeable people who strive for excellence in everything they do. ECRS employees work together in dynamic teams to create, sell, install, and support our best-in-class retail automation solutions.
We believe that acceptance of diversity is a key reason as to why we're successful. All qualified applicants who can demonstrate integrity and competence will receive consideration for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, political affiliation, or national origin.