Ribbon Cuttings Ceremonies
Let the Chamber staff help you open your business in style
The Boone Area Chamber of Commerce is eager to celebrate your business milestones alongside you!
Ribbon cutting ceremonies are a great way to build excitement around noteworthy events like grand openings, groundbreakings, new locations, or expansions. There is no charge for this service to Boone Area Chamber of Commerce members and our staff is readily available to advise on the ceremonial details and RSVPs. The Boone Area Chamber of Commerce can provide:
- An outlet to promote attendance/engagement. The event will be posted on the event calendar on the BACC website, on our Facebook Page, and widely circulated through emails and social media posts.
- The BACC team will come out to support the event. A Chamber Staff Member will be happy to provide congratulatory remarks if you wish (based on schedule availability).
- And of course, the Giant Scissors and Ribbon!
If you would like to schedule a Ribbon Cutting, please read the guidelines below and then reach out to Carrie Henderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 828.264.2225.
Guidelines and Recommendations
- Schedule your event at least one month in advance. This gives us time to build the event page and get it on our e-mail schedule to ensure we give it the marketing and planning it deserves!
- Be strategic about the time of the event. We want to make sure your event is everything you envisioned it to be! Ribbon cuttings can be scheduled Monday - Thursday from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. When inviting community members, we recommend a time that is convenient for the majority of folks. In the morning on the way to work or during lunchtime will help draw a larger crowd. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays have the best turnouts.
- What do we need from you? To create the event page we will need you to send a few sentences telling us about your business. It's best to include any photos you would like featured, headshots, and an updated logo if it's changed. Make sure to share what guests can expect like food, drinks, tours of the facility, etc. These small details help make your event a unique experience.
- Determine who will cut the ribbon. The owners, top managers, or executives most frequently do the honors, but each business is different and can pick whomever they like.
- Who do you want in photos? Some businesses will take multiple photos at the event including staff, guests, Chamber Ambassadors, etc. Pictures can be taken before, during, and after the ribbon cutting so it's best to plan who you would like in each photo beforehand.
- Prepare short remarks. This is usually done when everyone is gathered before the ribbon cutting. This is a great time to give a short “commercial” and share what it is you do and what sets you apart.
- Invite everyone you know! While your event will be included on our website and emailed to our members, we can't guarantee who will be in attendance. If you have certain folks you want to be there, let them know! Invite clients, prospects, friends, family, business neighbors, associates, government officials, etc. A personal invite goes a long way. If it's someone we can help make a connection with, let us know.
- Food and beverages are not required, but for open houses, ribbon cutting, and grand opening events, it can make a nice touch. Here are some options from our Member Directory for caterers, or you can reach out to the contact information below for other suggestions!