To serve as the voice of the business community in matters of public policy
To ensure that government bodies serve the High Country’s business community’s best interests.
To participate in local governmental meetings, committees, and commissions which impact the local business community.
To inform and educate on policy issues which impact small business success.
To work with local Military Veteran's organizations on partnerships and projects that can benefit the business community.
- Organize “Meet the Candidates” forums for local, State, and Federal candidates as appropriate.
- Monitor proposed legislation which may impact the local business community and recommend policy positions to the Chamber Board of Directors.
- Administer the Hands of Hospitality Program sponsored by the Town of Boone addressing important town issues and programs.
- Schedule Town Hall meetings on various issues concerning the business community when needed.
- Support the Military Officer's Association of America High Country Chapter's efforts to establish a Watauga County Veteran's Memorial in Downtown Boone.
Mark Gould, Mast General Store
Omer Tomlinson, Spectrum Reach