Skip to content
The Boone Area Chamber of Commerce visitor's center will be closed to observe COVID-19 health and safety guidelines recommended by the CDC and AppHealthCare. Please call 828-264-2225 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help you and your business in any way we can.
Increase Visibility. Build Brand Awareness. Promote Services.
- Identification – Window decal identifies you as a member in good standing.
- Presence on the Internet – As a part of your membership investment, you are listed by category in our member directory at boonechamber.com. Additionally, we encourage you to place our hyperlinked logo on your website so that people are aware of your Chamber affiliation.
- BOONE My Hometown, Community Resource Guide
This annual publication highlights the High Country’s unique qualities while providing valuable relocation information. It is distributed free of charge to all members and at information centers across the area. It's also sent to those who contact the Chamber and inquire about visiting or relocating to our community.
- Boone Business Connection
This bi-weekly e-newsletter keeps you informed about member activities and upcoming Chamber events. It includes the latest news and information, a listing of new members, and special member-to-member communication.
- Membership Monday
Two members are highlighted each Monday in a unique email that showcases their current events and services. One Program Partner is featured in each issue and they have the option of including an embedded video as part of their listing.
- The Chamber Report
A semi-daily e-newsletter direct from the Chamber President/CEO highlighting the local COVID-19 response, important news, and details on resources available for small businesses.
- Member-to-Member Advertising
Market your company’s products and services to more than 3000 member contacts. Contact email@example.com for scheduled availability and pricing details.
- Signage Opportunities in Chamber Visitor's Center
Members are offered the opportunity to purchase fixed signage in special ad panels inside the Chamber Visitor's Center. This area is frequently called on by visitors and community members throughout the year. (Temporarily suspended due to COVID-19)
- Program Partners:
Program Partners provide unique visibility to members who comprise the foundation for our business community. In addition to strategic logo placement at all events, program partners benefit from guaranteed inclusion in key programs and events throughout the year. Click here for a full list of benefits.
- Event Sponsorships
The Chamber offers various levels of sponsorship around all major events that fit any budget. Check here for a full list of sponsorship opportunities.
- Publication Sponsorships
Through print or electronic publications, the Chamber offers numerous ways to reach potential customers. BOONE My Hometown is a joint project with Mountain Times Publications. Please contact Charlie Price at 828-264-6397 for rates and information. Limited advertising opportunities are available inside the Chamber Notes e-newsletter. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Business Promotion
Referrals are made by the Chamber staff on a consistent basis. As a standard policy, we only refer our members in good standing. Members are encouraged to keep the Chamber up-to-date with any special promotions or other news that can help to enhance this exchange.
- Brochure & Business Card Placement
Member businesses are encouraged to supply the Chamber office with brochures and business cards that will be available to potential clients, visitors, and those seeking relocation to the area. Upon request, these items are also placed inside relocation and visitor packets to help further promote local businesses.
- Grand Openings, Ribbon Cuttings, Ground Breakings, Open Houses
The Chamber is ready to assist you with your celebration! Grand openings, ribbon-cuttings, groundbreakings, and open houses are a great way to introduce customers to your business or re-energize your current customer base. Events are scheduled on a first-come, first serve basis and include social media promotion leading up to your big day. Contact email@example.com for availability and scheduling.
Make Connections. Create a Network. Build Your Reputation.
- Business After Hours
Our most popular networking function, this monthly event is designed specifically for members to discuss business and socialize, while the event host showcases their goods and services. Click here for a schedule and information on how to become a host.
- Join A Committee
The Chamber works to promote its members as experts in their field. The Chamber offers seven different committees where members can engage by sharing their time, talent, and energy to advance our community. A full list of committees and links to their scopes of work can be found here.
- Education & Leadership Development:
The Chamber has a strong educational component and is committed to helping advance workforce training initiatives while also working to provide the community with leadership development opportunities.
- Watauga Leadership Challenge – This umbrella covers three key components of the Chamber's efforts to enhance local leadership development.
- Leadership Challenge course - perfect for a new hire or someone ascending into a key leadership position, this course combines leadership development teachings along with community emersion. Participants are taught a leadership topic for the day and then tour the community to find examples of those lessons. At the end of the day, the group reconvenes for a 90-minute "leadership challenge," where they must put their new found skills to the test. This course meets twice a month January-April.
- Leadership Development course - designed for Leadership Challenge course graduates or those that have participated in a similar community development program. This course takes a deeper dive into leadership development, linking participants with key business leaders who can discuss the day's topic. This course meets twice a month January-April.
- Insight Nights - a program designed to connect local community leaders with established industry veterans for a roundtable discussion and Q&A. Insight Nights takes advantage of the vast supply of retired and senior-level managers that make the mountains home during the summer. This course meets one evening per month from June-September.
- Wake Up, Watauga – An early morning forum designed to engage the local business community in topics that affect our area. Held twice annually, the message of these events focus on important aspects of our economic ecosystem. The events include breakfast for the live audience and are simulcast on WATA (1450/96.5) in the local market.
- Lunch & Learn & Educational Seminars – The Chamber presents a quarterly Lunch & Learn series, devoted to timely topics presented by our expert members. These are not only informative sessions but also a great way to learn more about services and projects in our area. The Chamber also works with the Small Business Center at the Watauga Campus of Caldwell Community College & Technical Institute, resources at Appalachian State University, and other organizations to create a wide range of workshops, seminars, and conferences that help businesses be more successful and productive.
Business Savings. Affinity Programs. Added Value.
- Worker’s Compensation Insurance access through First Benefits Insurance Mutual, Inc.
All members may apply and enjoy rate savings on worker's compensation insurance from First Benefits Mutual, Inc. These plans are designed to reduce cost and hassle and are offered locally through Chamber member Independent Insurance agents.
- Business Insurance access through LifeStore Insurance
In addition to competitive rates, a complete line of products, and prompt, friendly claim service, you may be eligible for several additional discounts depending on your individual circumstances. LifeStore Insurance offers members consultation on available products and opportunities for savings.
- Special Offers from WJ Office - New and existing members can take advantage of special offers and discounts on office furniture from WJ Office, specializing in small business support for the High Country for over 40-years. Offers showcase a variety of product categories and are rotated on a quarterly basis. Visit WJ Office online to view products.
- Discounted Print Advertising – Each new member receives a certificate for free advertising in our local newspapers. With a value of over $800, this offer places your message directly in the hands of the visitor, campus, locals, and tourist markets.
- Mailing Labels – Target your company’s mailings to area business leaders by purchasing a current list of Chamber members.
- Sundown Rule: All inquiries from our members and customers will be answered or acknowledged before the end of each business day.