Computer Support Specialist
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Chief Technology Officer
Job Description: Provide technical assistance to computer systems users. Answer questions or resolve computer problems for employees in person, via telephone or from remote location. Provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, software installation, word processing, electronic mail and operating systems. Responsible for software and hardware support activities and assisting in the on-going lifecycle of the Company’s information systems.
Primary Job Functions may include:
- Active participant in IT department tech support. Ensures that reported problems are handled promptly and prioritized in order to resolve any customer impact issues first.
- Active participant in the testing and documentation of LifeStore’s Business Continuity Plan.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory of all Company software, hardware, and licenses.
- Primary person responsible for provisioning and re-provisioning computer systems to include but not limited to: OS installation, any needed software programs, proper virus scanning software, proper documentation and adherence to computer policies.
- Active role preparing for audits and regulatory exams to include but not limited to:
information gathering, reports, documentation, and ongoing adherence to policies.
Assists in determining and evaluating the Company’s current and future technology, communications, and information needs.
- Assists with purchases of equipment, software systems, and computer supplies to support the Company’s business activities within approved budgets and fixed assets purchasing policy.
- Analyzes and controls costs associated with the Company’s technology, communications, and information systems.
- Interfaces with outside vendors in the event of a system failure.
- Provides training to all new employees of proper use of computer and password control.
- Provides ongoing IT training as necessary.
- Trains users to work with new computer hardware of software, such as printers, word processing software and email.
- Assists the Chief Technology Officer as needed. Performs other duties as assigned and directed by management staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Information Systems/Computer Science (one to two years of PC-based related experience desired).
- Must be highly customer oriented and willing to demonstrate a strong commitment to customer service in solving problems for users with limited computer knowledge.
- Any Microsoft, CompTIA or Cisco certifications a plus.
- Experience in PC Maintenance and repair.
- Should have information security knowledge or experience.
- Knowledge of backup & Virus Software solutions.
- Ability to work flexible work schedules.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strong attention to details.
- Must have willingness to document actions.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
Employees are expected to perform other duties as assigned and directed by management and to adhere to all company and compliance policies and procedures, including the Bank Secrecy Act. Job description and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.