Job Opportunity: High Gravity Adventures Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager for Course Operations
- Position Type: Salaried Full-Time (Exempt), Minimum of 40 hours per week
- Compensation: $35,700 per year
- Other Benefits: Paid Time Off, 401k Plan, Cell phone and Computer, Discounts
- Reports to General Manager
- Work Location: On Location in Blowing Rock, NC. Limited travel required.
High Gravity Adventures is looking for a passionate and creative individual to fill a vital role on our leadership team. The Assistant Manager for Course Operations assists the General Manager by providing leadership to the day-to-day operations of High Gravity Adventures and Blue Ridge Learning Centers. This position has a specific focus on course operations and works collaboratively with the management team to ensure operations staff are properly trained and perform their work following industry standards and local operating procedures. The Assistant Manager also supervises the operations team and manages operations-related risks, including oversight of routine facility and equipment inspections and maintenance.
The Assistant Manager for Course Operations must have the ability to work at height for extended periods, lifting and hauling weight over 50lbs. Qualified candidates excel in fast-paced environments and have a passion for working outdoors regardless of the weather. The Assistant Manager is a strategic thinker who takes initiative and performs at a high level while working collaboratively in a team environment. This position requires strong interpersonal, collaborative, and communication skills and a positive, friendly, and energetic attitude. Applicants must have the ability to learn and effectively utilize software-based management systems and applications.
The preferred candidate will have experience in challenge course or aerial park operations, a background in providing experiential programming, customer service, or previous management experience.
Additional management responsibilities include:
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining effective management systems and processes;
- Contribute to short and long-term strategic priorities and planning;
- Train staff and contribute to a team culture intensely focused on exceptional guest experiences;
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, and developing the operations team;
- Foster the ideals of quality, work ethic, and fun;
- Assist with the discipline and termination of staff as necessary;
- Monitor and manage associated operations budgets;
- Represent HGA at community events
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume along with three professional references to email@example.com.