Job Opportunity: VPC Builders Construction Project Manager
Construction Project Manager
VPC Builders, LLC – Banner Elk, NC
VPC Builders is a full-service construction firm specializing in commercial and residential construction, custom home building, Green Building, and remodeling in North Carolina. We have successful projects by communicating and working closely with our clients and a carefully chosen group of architects, subcontractors, and suppliers. Establishing a budget, putting together a construction schedule, understanding the permit process and working through the many design decisions to be made, are only a few of the key aspects of our collaboration with our clients.
Those interested should send their resumes to HR@VPCBuilders.com.
VPC Builders is currently seeking an experienced, result-oriented construction project manager to work in a team environment. The Construction Project Manager is responsible for overseeing both the onsite and office responsibilities of their assigned project(s) in addition to coordinating between the company, subcontractors, and clients as required throughout the construction process of each project. Strong leadership and organizational skills are a must to for this position.
Candidates must provide their own transportation and be available to travel in the state.
- Work with the client from the start of each project to ensure you understand the project scope and vision
- Oversee the beginning of each turn-key project, including details like permit submission and design evaluations
- Process change orders
- Conduct meetings on-site with architect, client and construction crew
- Prepare and submit project estimates to clients
- Negotiate with vendors, suppliers and subcontractors
- Maintain up-to-date project progress information and job cost reports for project control & analysis.
- Approve invoices and return to accounting weekly.
- Represent VPC Builders in a professional manner at all times
CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 5+ years’ experience in construction or related industry
- Ability to read blueprints, structural drawings and plan sets
- Extensive experience managing budgets for large construction projects
- Ability to effectively communicate project process and progress to the owner and client
- Strong knowledge of construction materials, processes and equipment
- Competitive wages
- 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation time
- Dedicated training and continued education budget
- Gas cards/paid travel expenses
- Potential bonus opportunity