Mountain Alliance: Watauga County School's Out Director
Mountain Alliance for Teens
School’s Out Director - Job Description
The School’s Out Director has a unique opportunity to help drive the endeavor to enhance the lives of many of our community’s future leaders. The School’s Out Director is the main administrative position overseeing all operations, student related programs, and staff/volunteer operations during the School’s Out After School Program. The School’s Out Director works under the supervision of the Associate Director as well as the Executive Director. They will empower staff, volunteers, and students to take leadership within Mountain Alliance to fulfill job responsibilities. Must be excited and enthusiastic about making a positive impact on the lives of teens.
School’s Out Director Major Responsibilities
Aspects of the job include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Leadership and management of all School’s Out operations.
a. Developing and scheduling academic support programs.
b. Developing and scheduling college and postsecondary access programming for teens.
c. Coordinating academic remediation for individuals.
d. Collecting data/evaluations and providing reporting as specified.
e. Promotion of programming.
2. Implementing a welcoming and impactful after school program in accordance with the mission, goals, strategies, and objectives established for School’s Out.
3. Staff leadership and supervision:
a. Supervision of interns, volunteers, and paid staff. (All referred to collectively as “staff”)
b. Ensuring that all staff have been appropriately oriented and trained.
c. Providing mentorship, development, and performance improvement to staff on an on-going basis.
d. Empowering staff to take leadership within School’s Out.
e. Scheduling leaders to ensure adequate supervision of School’s Out.
f. Ensuring staff adherence to all relevant Mountain Alliance and School’s Out policies/procedures.
g. Ensuring all staff have completed MA registration and paperwork.
4. Mentorship and support of students
a. Empowering and training other leaders to fulfill this as well.
b. Facilitating positive experiences and creating a system of support for students.
c. Being proactive in reaching out and connecting with students.
5. Coordinating and being an ambassador of School’s Out/Mountain Alliance with all stakeholders, including but not limited to: high school staff and faculty, high school librarian, GEAR UP staff or other grant administrators, and parents.
6. Coordinating logistics and supplies for the program, including but not limited to:
a. Daily snacks
b. School supply bank
c. Resources for enrichment programs
d. Outside tutors, contract program leaders, volunteers, etc
Contract Dates, Compensation & Time off:
School year: The School’s Out Director will be a part time position and will share approximately 25-30 hours per week between office hours and student engagement, as specified by the Associate Director. This position will last until the end of the 22/23 school year, with the opportunity for summer hourly work and job continuation the following school year.
- Position will begin on or around August 8, 2022.
- Will be paid as an independent contractor at an hourly rate based on experience.
- Position will have access to Simple IRA retirement fund and a generous Family Medical Leave policy.
- Regular evening work is expected as School’s Out runs Monday through Friday from 3:30-6pm
Interested applicants can send a resume to Rachel@MountainAlliance.org and Marisa@MountainAlliance.org.