Job Opportunity: LifeStore Bank - Credit Analyst
Department: Credit / Loan Operations
Reports To: Chief Credit Officer
Job Description: The Credit Analyst is primarily responsible for assisting in the evaluation of the financial condition of individuals and businesses applying for and/or maintaining a credit relationship with the financial institution and for communicating findings to the Senior Credit Analyst, Loan Officers, CCO and CEO as necessary
Primary Job Functions may include:
• Analyzes or assists with the analysis of borrower financial data on new, renewal and existing loans. Analysis includes, but is not limited to, data provided by credit bureaus, tax returns, financial statements, other financial information, and financial institution files.
• Prepares spreadsheets, reports, summaries, and opinions on new, renewal and modification of existing loans and communicates findings to officers.
• Monitors and analyzes receipt of required information from lead lenders for all participation loans.
• Monitors receipt of all required financial information from major borrowers and notifies loan officers of missing information.
• Performs annual reviews of financial statements required from vendors as part of the bank’s vendor management program.
• Prepares or assists in preparation of annual financial analysis of large credit relationships.
• Monitors receipt of annual reviews of relationships between $250,000 and $500,000 that have at least $100,000 in commercial loans. Reviews for potential grade changes.
• Works in conjunction with Loan Operations on the tracking and clearing of loan policy exceptions.
• Assists in coordination of data collection for any independent loan reviews conducted by examiners, auditors and/or consultants.
• Ensures credit documentation is properly scanned to FCM.
• Provides credit support to lenders as requested.
• Assists Senior Credit Analyst as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, banking, economics, or accounting.
- Good financial analytical abilities.
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of Excel and Word software.
- Ability to learn bank regulatory requirements, financial institution policies and procedures, prudent lending practices.
Employees are expected to perform other duties as assigned and directed by management and adhere to all company and compliance policies and procedures. Job description and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.