Job Opportunity: High Country Community Health Billing Assistant
Title of Position: Billing Assistant
Nature of Position: The billing assistant will be responsible for working with the team to assure that SFS applications are processed correctly and has the required documentation
- High school diploma or GED
- Two years medical office experience, billing experience a plus.
- Competent with computers including experience in Microsoft Windows/Office programs, specifically Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent customer service to both internal and external customers
- Willingness to work cooperatively in a team setting
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness ensuring the highest possible quality.
- Ability to maintain a strong work ethic without direct supervision at all times
- Effective oral and written communication
- Ability to make timely, informed decisions that take into account the facts, goals, constraints, and risks related to all aspects of the organization
Responsible to: Revenue Cycle Manager
- Auditing SFS applications for all medical sites. Ensures applications are complete and proper documentation has been collected by the front desk staff
- Become SFS subject matter expert to handle all SFS questions/issues.
- Ensures SFS is properly entered into eCW
- Works with Site Leads on any errors identified
- Follows up on errors to make sure corrections have been made
- Works with Billing Team to ensure claims have slide correctly after corrections are made
- Assist Billing Team with special projects as needed
- Once SFS claims are caught up, assist front desk with identifying patients with expiring slides.
- Other duties as assigned
Patient Centered Medical Home Orientation
New Employee Orientation
Annual training reviews
Customer Service Excellence
Other trainings as needed to meet the needs of the organization
*HCCH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HCCH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HCCH conducts background checks on all final candidates. Employment is contingent upon a clear background check or approval of the CEO.
I have read and understand this job description and certify that I can perform all the essential functions of this job. I have received a copy of the job description.
Signature: ___________________________Date: _____________________________