Job Opportunity: Explore Boone - Director of Social Media & PR
Director of Social Media & PR
This position is primarily responsible for managing Explore Boone’s social media and digital content across multiple platforms.
Essential Functions/Typical Tasks:
• Develop an overarching social media strategy for Explore Boone that includes promotional strategies, engagement strategies, content strategies, and tracking methods across multiple social platforms.
• Prepare an annual social media plan and monthly social media content spreadsheets.
• Write, create and edit original content for all social channels.
• Actively monitor our online reputation with regard to social and digital content.
• Maintain regular communication with our Ad Agency including reviewing and approving paid social and digital content. Work with our agency to ensure consistent destination and brand messaging across all social and digital content.
• Develop strong relationships with our area tourism partners and encourage them to share our posts and allow us to share their posts across multiple platforms.
• Write, edit and distribute press releases and blog posts.
• Assist in the development of new website content and imagery. Edit and refresh current website content as needed.
• Assist with editing and proofreading of various print and digital content including e-newsletters, website content, the annual visitor's guide, and other collateral.
• Manage and update photo and video assets.
• Identify and qualify potential travel writers, bloggers, and influencers. Work with other staff and tourism partners to put together FAM tours and/or media itineraries for visiting journalists.
• Review and analyze all social and digital content campaigns for effectiveness. Compile activity and performance reports on an annual and monthly basis as requested by the Executive Director or board.
• Prepare and present a monthly PR & Social Media Report.
• Represent Explore Boone at various events, consumer shows, PR pitches, and media events as requested by the Executive Director.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• Requires general knowledge of the Boone, NC area and the tourism-related offerings.
• The ability to work independently and also take direction from others is also essential.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google G-Suite products.
• Knowledge of database, CRM, and CMS management systems is a strong plus.
• Requires in-depth knowledge of social media platforms, content marketing, advertising, and public relations.
• Requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with visitors, tourism partners, elected officials, board members, etc.
• Knowledge of online editing tools, as well as, design tools and software is a strong plus.
• Willingness to travel for industry conferences, workshops, and seminars. The ability to work flexible hours including some nights and weekends is also required in this position.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. This position is open until filled.