Job Opportunity: ARHS - Nutrition Services Supervisor
Nutrition Services Supervisor
Full-time, Shifts Vary
The Nutrition Supervisor directly supervises nutrition services staff members involved in food production and sanitation. Assists with menu planning for dining room. Helps supervise patient meal service. Takes Nutrition Service call as needed. The Nutrition Supervisor practices appropriate food handling techniques. Demonstrates safety procedures and provide exceptional customer service.
The Nutrition Supervisor decisions and actions with patients and families are determined in an ethical manner practicing compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth and unique attributes of each person. Effectively communicates with patients/families, visitors, colleagues, physicians, leadership, and volunteers. All areas of practice and care delivery are provided to achieve and maintain top decile results and outcomes for patient experience, quality, and patient safety. The Supervisor follows and adheres to ARHS policies and procedures, regulatory requirements and standards of behavior.
The Nutrition Supervisor demonstrates the ARHS Mission, Vision, and Values in action, and, approaches work in a way that reflects a bias for action, efficiency, and personal accountability. The Nutrition Supervisor demonstrates professional conduct, effective communication, and effective completion of tasks. Effectively and professionally manages working relationships with coworkers, physicians, and all ARHS team members, in a way that promotes a healthy work environment. Performs duties under general supervision. Always assists coworkers, patients, families, and visitors regardless of the patient assignment, so long as the assistance is in-line with their scope of job description.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Previous experience of 1-2 years preferred, but not required
- Previous Health Care Experience in an acute or clinic setting is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate courteously and effectively with the public, patients, family, staff, and physician and acts within the chain of command, utilizing positive verbal and non-verbal skills
- Competent in delivering safe and effective patient care within legal limits of license and certifications and hospital policies and procedures
- Ability to work independently under pressure and uses time efficiently
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service to patients, family, staff, and physicians
- Basic computer literacy: knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, and nutritional analysis
- Employee Choice Health Plans – 3 plans tailored to fit your life.
- Dental & Vision Plan Options.
- Retirement – ARHS offers both pre-tax and post-tax ROTH contribution with a robust employer match.
- Parental Leave – Eligible employees can take two weeks of paid parental leave anytime during the first six months following the birth or adoption of a child.
- Paid time off.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Employee Wellness Program.
Nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains, Appalachian Regional Healthcare System is a family of two hospitals and multi-specialty physician practices. ARHS is the leader for healthcare in the High Country, providing high quality, compassionate healthcare for the mountain region of northwest North Carolina and northeast Tennessee. At ARHS, we believe in Making Life Better. Each interaction provides us with an opportunity to have a positive impact. Click here to see how our team takes pride in Making Life Better for those we serve.