Job Opportunity: ARHS - Cook Position
Cook - Dietary
Full-time, Shifts Vary
We are looking for a Cook to join our team at Watauga Medical Center in Boone, NC. The Cook is responsible for preparing meals for patients, customers, and employees. All meals are prepared following strict sanitation guidelines as mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Institutional cooking experience required with a minimum of one year or more in a related field.
- Employee Choice Health Plans – 3 plans tailored to fit your life.
- Dental & Vision Plan Options.
- Retirement – ARHS offers both pre-tax and post-tax ROTH contribution with a robust employer match.
- Parental Leave – Eligible employees can take two weeks of paid parental leave anytime during the first six months following the birth or adoption of a child.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- So much more.
Nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains, Appalachian Regional Healthcare System is a family of two hospitals and multi-specialty physician practices. ARHS is the leader for healthcare in the High Country, providing high quality, compassionate healthcare for the mountain region of northwest North Carolina and northeast Tennessee. At ARHS, we believe in Making Life Better. Each interaction provides us with an opportunity to have a positive impact. Click here to see how our team takes pride in Making Life Better for those we serve.
About Watauga Medical Center
- Licensed as a 117-bed regional referral medical complex, Watauga Medical Center, located in Boone, NC, offers both primary and secondary acute and specialty care.
- Our Cancer Center is recognized as an approved Community Cancer Care Center by the American College of Surgeon’s Committee on Cancer.
- Watauga Medical Center received certification by The Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center in 2011.