Beech Mountain Parks and Recreation: Camp Buckeye Counselor
Job Description: Supervised by Recreation Activities Coordinator
The Camp Buckeye Counselor is responsible for planning and leading programs while providing positive experiences for participants. They will also be responsible for the general safety, development, growth, and skill achievement of the participants. The incumbent will provide high quality outdoor educational and recreational experiences for participants. All Counselors must participate in five days of training before camp begins.
- Organize and lead a variety of group activities each week. Activities may include crafts, nature, songs, games, opening and closing procedures, swimming, canoeing. This includes time spent on a bus to and from field trips.
- Communicate with parents about participants’ experiences and report concerns to Camp Director. · Assist in maintaining accurate program records including incident reports, logbook documentation, and daily attendance.
- Know and understand ALL emergency procedures associated with the camp program.
- Exhibit personal habits, health, dress, speech, table etiquette and relationships with other staff that serve as a beneficial model to campers. ·
- Help guide Junior Counselors to have a deeper understanding of leadership and counseling skills. ·
- Learn all opening and closing procedures for recreation facility.
- Upon hire, completion of First Aid and CPR certification or must be able to attend class on Beech Mountain
- Experience in camp, youth programs, recreation, and working with children.
- Ability to lead, plan, organize, and implement program activities.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and accomplish tasks with little direct supervision.
- Strong organizational and communication skills · Occasional weekend work or evening hours will be required.
Pay Rate: $13.00 per hour.
Hours: Seasonal position (32 hrs/week)
To Apply: Visit https://townofbeechmountain.com/employment-opportunities/ then select “To Apply: click HERE”
For questions contact Matt Robinson:
email@example.com (828) 387-3003