Beacon Butcher Bar: Prep Chef
Beacon Prep Chef
The Beacon Prep Chef is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards for their station/kitchen, complete prep lists, organize par lists and operations of various Hot/Cold Stations. This position also ensures the prep position area is maintained as a clean, safe and sanitary facility.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience in a commercial kitchen.
- Excellent oral communication and listening skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to have fun and work with a team.
- Ability to work friendly in a professional high-paced, dynamic environment that requires multitasking, maintaining diplomacy, and making sound judgments or recommendations throughout all levels of stressful environments.
- Must have basic to intermediate computer skills: Google docs, Email, Excel Spreadsheets.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays.
- Prepares different types of food from the menu, carefully following the recipes
- Makes stock and soups to be used during cooking process
- Portions the food and prepares the dishes for plating
- Accepts or rejects ingredients from food suppliers, based on their appearance and quality
- Keeps track of ingredient quantities and ensures there are always enough for the day/week
- Stores ingredients in dedicated containers, making sure that they are best preserved
- Informs superiors when the ingredients stock is getting low or when the kitchen tools do not work properly
- Cleans and sanitizes the working surfaces, tools, utensils and working area
- Carefully supervises the food temperature and the temperature from cooling rooms, to ensure that the ingredients kept are kept at the appropriate temperature
- Consistently communicate with the Reid’s team and management
- Maintain complete knowledge of, and comply with all policies and procedures at all times
- Maintain a positive attitude and demeanor at all times
- Attend staff trainings as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be able to frequently lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and walk long distances if needed.
- Must be able to bend and climb stairs when needed.
Email email@example.com with resume and references.