Local COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Resources and Updates to #KeepBooneHealthy
COVID-19 vaccines are available in North Carolina to everyone ages 16 and older.
What you should know:
- The vaccine is free everywhere in North Carolina.
- No photo ID or insurance is needed.
- Depending on where you get your vaccine, you may need to make an appointment.
- U.S. citizenship is not required or checked.
- Are children able to get vaccinated? What about pregnant women? Find out the answers in our frequently asked questions about who can get a COVID-19 vaccine.
Where can I get the COVID-19 Vaccine?
- Schedule an appointment with AppHealthCare
- Schedule an appintment with Appalachian Regional Healthcare System
- Schedule an appointment with App State
- Schedule an appointment with Boone Drug, INC.
- Call High Country Community Health at 828-262-3886
Most Recent Vaccine Updates on the Keep Boone Healthy Information Channel
May 12th, 2021
With the recent FDA & CDC approval for Pfizer vaccine for 12-15 year-old populations, providers in the High Country are ready to begin vaccine delivery to a new group of patients. Hear from our panel of local experts about the study that led to this new age group becoming eligible, how and where vaccine will be deployed in Watauga County, how vaccine deployment to all ages can increase a return to normalcy in our area.
April 28th, 2021
As Governor Roy Cooper announced new executive orders today, along with a renewed plea for vaccinations, hear the latest from health officials in Watauga County. Dr. Beverly Womack shares new data regarding vaccines and their impact on women's health, Dr. Scott St.Clair discusses impact of vaccines on families as well as the latest information on efforts to include younger populations. Jennifer Greene adds an update on vaccine deployment and the latest on community outreach.
April 14th, 2021
Our team of Watauga County health professionals and vaccine providers discuss the recent pause of the J&J vaccine and its impact on deployment and clinic operations locally. We also discuss vaccine supply, current and future clinic schedules, and update the Watauga County vaccination percentages.
March 31st, 2021
Watauga County has moved to Group 5 of NC COVID-19 Vaccine distribution. The update below starts with details on what how Watauga County to this point in the vaccine rollout, a full week ahead of the State's initial schedule. We also discuss how providers will handle scheduling now that we have reached the final group, where certain types of vaccine can be found, and what percentage of the Watauga County population has received vaccine.
March 25th, 2021
Below our panel of local medical experts discuss latest information (3/25) on available vaccines, scientific studies that better explain vaccine creation and efficacy, and where to get the most accurate information to help you make informed decisions.
email@example.com | 828-264-2225