Nominations Open for 2019 Watauga County Business of the Year
The Boone Area Chamber of Commerce seeks nominations for the 2019 Watauga County Business of the Year Awards. The Business of the Year awards are sponsored by the Watauga County Economic Development Commission. The Startup Business of the Year is presented by Skyline National Bank.
Nominations for these awards are being sought from Chamber members and the community at large. Winners will be chosen by members of the Chamber's Business Development Committee.
Those that wish to put forward a business must demonstrate the nominee’s performance in as many of the following areas as applicable:
Business of the Year -
1) Staying power- substantiated history as an established business [5 years or more]
2) Growth and number of employees
3) Increase in sales and/or unit volume
4) Diversity and innovative products or services offered
5) Response to adversity
6) Evidence of contributions by the business to community oriented projects through the use of
employee time or business resources.
7) Use of local resources in business operation
Start-Up Business of the Year
Same criteria as Business of the Year awards, but applies to businesses that have been in existence for less than 5 years.
Nominations can be made online by clicking this link, or by submitting this form and returning to are the Boone Area Chamber of Commerce office located at 870. W. King St, or by email at email@example.com.
Nominations must be received by 4:30pm, Wednesday, December 18th.
If you have questions, please contact the Boone Area Chamber of Commerce at 828-264-2225 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.