Chamber To Participate In Roundup for Middle Fork Greenway

Posted By: David Jackson Chamber News ,

The Middle Fork Greenway remains one of the top economic development projects in the High Country,  building a natural connection between the communities of Boone and Blowing Rock.

The Roundup for the Middle Fork Greenway seeks to engage 200+ businesses to help raise $200,000+ dollars in July 2019 toward greenway construction.  Businesses have numerous ways to support the Roundup campaign, which are listed in detail here.

During the month of July, the Boone Area Chamber of Commerce will donate a portion of the registration fee from each new chamber membership to the Roundup campaign. 90% of revenue from the Round Up for the Greenway campaign will go toward Greenway development and construction, the remaining 10% is allocated to administration costs.

"The Middle Fork Greenway will provide a measurable economic boost to the two largest communities in Watauga County," said David Jackson, President/CEO of the Boone Area Chamber of Commerce. "The opportunities for new business growth and additional tourism spending combine seamlessly with the health benefits realized by communities that have thriving greenways. Our members and the business community at-large have rallied around this project over the last several years and we are proud to help generate funding that can be used to leverage additional grants and financial backing moving forward."

New members can review benefits and sign-up online using this link. If you have any additional questions about membership or the Roundup Campaign, please contact Wysteria White at 828-264-2225.