Job Opportunity: VPC Builders Superintendent
We are growing and need a full time Superintendent to assist, manage and supervise with the day to day responsibilities that come with the residential/commercial construction services we as a company offer to our clients in Banner Elk and surrounding area. This is a full time position operating during normal business hours: Monday- Friday. Some weekend hours may be required on as needed basis to oversee completion of Construction Project.
Those interested should send their resumes to HR@VPCBuilders.com.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Assist with scheduling the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- Assist with determining labor requirements and dispatch workers to construction sites.
- Assist with inspecting and reviewing projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients, representing the owner, partners or developer.
- Assist with preparing contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Obtain all necessary permits and licenses.
- Direct and supervise workers on Construction Jobsites
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Assist with selecting, contracting, and oversee workers who complete specific pieces of the project, such as demo, painting or plumbing, etc.
- Ensuring that the project is completed within a specified time frame
- Determine the best source of construction materials
- Ensuring that all safety precautions are adhered to by the construction workers
- Interact with design/engineering teams pre construction
- Project Estimating
Skills and specifications:
- Must be attentive to detail
- Possess good communication skills
- Must have good coordination skills
- Comfortable with directly interacting with clients in person, phone and in meetings
** This is preferred but not required**
- A degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or Construction Project Management
*Criminal Background and drug test may be required. Applicant must be able to hold/maintain a NCDL while performing all of the above job duties. Must be able to lift 25-50lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
Send resume to HR@VPCBuilders.com