Job Opportunity: Maintenance & Housekeeping Worker - ECRS
ECRS - Maintenance & Housekeeping Worker
JOB TITLE: Maintenance & Housekeeping Worker
DEPARTMENT: Facilities & Maintenance
REPORTS TO: COO and Office & Internal Events Coordinator
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
The Maintenance and Housekeeping Worker will clean and maintain assigned areas of the buildings (3 currently) and grounds. Hours may vary at times, according to the working hours of office personnel, so as not to disrupt the working environment.
GOAL/OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To keep the facilities orderly and operational, working to ensure the ECRS staff and guests are provided a facility they feel happy to come to - safe, clean, and welcome.
- Performs cleaning and housekeeping duties throughout all 3 locations.
- Performs light repairs and maintenance such as replacing light fixtures/bulbs, unclogging pipes, and whiteboard installations, and moving and assembling furniture.
- Assists with the cleaning and sanitizing of shared facilities and common spaces.
- Keeps all types of floor coverings, rugs, and furniture clean.
- Performs limited grounds maintenance such as picking up fallen brush, light mulching & flower planting, cleaning snow from sidewalks and spreading salt.
- Examines property for safety hazards and concerns, reports problems to HR Department or other appropriate staff.
- Gathers trash/recycling/cardboard and take to respective containers.
- Performs office errands such as delivering interoffice mail and supplies, and occasional cardboard haul off.
- Ensures plumbing, heating, and cooling systems are operational and performs light maintenance of these.
- Ensures that cleaning and maintenance supplies are stocked.
- Modifies scope of cleaning and maintenance based on specified needs of the particular property.
- Washes windows.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Thorough understanding of safety hazards and proper use of various cleaning and sanitizing solutions.
- Understanding of and 2+ years of experience with basic plumbing and basic HVAC operations.
- Proven ability and experience to keep commercial building(s) property clean and orderly.
- Good interpersonal skills with polite and courteous demeanor toward staff, customers, clients, and visitors to the property.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, climb stairs & ladders, reach, and lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Must possess current, valid NC driver's license and clean driving record.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 3+ years housekeeping and maintenance experience.
- Able to work a flexible schedule - occasional nights and weekends.
- Must be reliable and professional.
- Prolonged periods standing.
- Must pass a background check.
ECRS is a fast-paced, progressive technology company with a wide range of opportunities for quality-oriented, career-minded individuals. Geographically situated in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains, ECRS offers the unique opportunity high-tech career in a resort college town setting. The ECRS family is made up of energetic, outgoing professionals who love what they do for a living. They are courteous, knowledgeable people who strive for excellence in everything they do. ECRS employees work together in dynamic teams to create, sell, install, and support our best-in-class retail automation solutions.
We believe that acceptance of diversity is one of the reasons we're successful. All qualified applicants who can demonstrate integrity will receive consideration for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, political affiliation, or national origin.