Job Opportunity: High Country Community Health Registered Dietician
Position: Registered Dietitian
Nature of Position:
High Country Community Health is looking for a RD/LDN for our Burke County medical offices. The RD will work as part of an interdisciplinary team, targeting nutrition education for patients related to chronic disease prevention and management. The RD will also perform health promotion activities, deliver MNT and DSMES (Diabetes Self-Management, Education, and Support), and lead group classes on specific nutrition related topics.
- Delivers Medical Nutrition Therapy through individual counseling sessions in an out-patient type setting with a variety of patient populations, including pediatrics.
- Works with the Director of Nutrition to expand HCCH Nutrition Services.
- Makes appropriate referrals within the organization and outside of HCCH.
- Documents all activity in the Electronic Medical Record.
- Communicates professionally with medical providers, medical assistants, behavioral health providers, and office staff for the benefit of the patient.
- Provides quality care to all, regardless of means.
- Travels to different medical sites on a weekly basis as agreed upon with the Director of Nutrition.
- Develops or researches evidence based, nutrition related, educational handouts and programs, including group classes.
- Willingness to teach students and act as a preceptor for undergraduate and graduate nutrition students.
- Participates in continuing education and professional development opportunities to increase skills and knowledge, specifically related to chronic disease management and diabetes education.
- Collaborates with community agencies and existing programs.
- Excellent multi-tasking and organization skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to show self-initiative
- Professional verbal and written communication
- Up-to-date knowledge of nutrition related conditions
- Problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Currently a Registered Dietitian with the Commission on Dietetics Registration / Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and licensed in the state of North Carolina.
- Completed a Bachelor’s Degree or advanced degree from an accredited institution with a major in Foods and Nutrition including completion of an accredited Dietetic Internship with eligibility to take the Registered Dietitian examination with the Commission on Dietetics Registration / Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and passes the examination with 6 months of the dietetic internship.
- One year of experience working as an RD in an outpatient setting is preferred, but not required.
New Employee Orientation
Annual training reviews
Customer Service Excellence
Other trainings as needed to meet the needs of the organization
*HCCH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HCCH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HCCH conducts background checks on all final candidates. Employment is contingent upon a clear background check or approval of the CEO.
I have read and understand this job description and certify that I can perform all the essential functions of this job. I have received a copy of the job description.
Signature: _____________________________________________Date: ________________
Manager: _____________________________________________Date: ________________