Job Opportunity: Boone Area Chamber of Commerce - Membership Coordinator
Title: Membership Coordinator
Location: Boone, NC
Summary: The Boone Area Chamber of Commerce is now hiring for a full-time Membership Coordinator. This professional will oversee all efforts relating to BACC member recruitment, engagement, and retention, while also building and maintaining positive relationships between current members and their staff.
The Membership Coordinator will represent the BACC’s mission of connecting business and community partners, enhancing opportunities through advocacy and education, and supporting continued sustainable economic development within our region.
Benefits: Simple IRA (with match), health/dental/vision insurance, paid vacation, sick leave, parental leave
- Must possess strong organizational, communication, and customer service skills
- A relationship builder – strong interpersonal skills
- Professional sales experience
- Extroverted in nature – comfortable and confident representing the BACC in various settings
- Has the ability to think critically and strategically
- Is technologically savvy (membership software, Microsoft suite, etc.)
- Problem solver that is confident in anticipating needs
- Additional preferred skills include: bilingual, analytically driven
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with Membership Committee to plan, develop, implement strategies around member recruitment, including goal setting and action steps
- Identify prospects and establish touch points for new member recruitment
- Record and track member touch points and closings via Airtable
- Effectively communicate member benefits to prospects
- Assist new/current members in use of website and member compass
- Work with Communications Department in the creation and dissemination of New Member Packets
- Data entry and tracking – new member fulfillment, current membership retention/engagement, sponsorship support
- Planning and implementing small scale new member events
- Connect on regular basis with current members to increase engagement and retention
- Ensure member benefits are being utilized based on membership type
- Any other duties outlined by BACC staff
Please send a resume, cover letter, and any professional references to David Jackson, President/CEO, Boone Area Chamber of Commerce. Files can be submitted electronically via email at email@example.com or delivered to the Boone Area Chamber of Commerce,
870 W. King St Suite A, Boone, NC 28607.
Applications will be accepted through Friday, August 27th, at 4:30pm.