Job Opportunity: Art of Living Retreat Center Dining Host / Buffet Attendant
Title: Dining Host / Buffet Attendant
Job type: Full-Time, Part-Time Position
About The Art of Living Retreat Center
Opened in 2012, the Art of Living Retreat Center is the newest outgrowth of the Art of Living Foundation’s 40+ year global commitment to health, happiness, and Ayurveda. Nestled in North Carolina’s Blue Ridge Mountains, the Center offers immersive wellness experiences inspired by authentic traditions of yoga and Ayurveda. From signature workshops in the life-transforming power of breath and meditation to cleanses that have been practiced for thousands of years, the experiences at the Center and its Shankara Ayurveda Wellness provide timeless tools that help guests tap into their potential for lasting health and happiness.
The community is built around a spiritual and wellness focus. While this is not necessary in an applicant’s background, you should be able to deeply understand and appreciate this approach to life. For those who are inclined towards this lifestyle, there are plenty of opportunities for personal growth.
Position Summary : Our goal is to provide our guests with a great vegetarian dining experience and stellar service. The operation is run by a small team of cooks, buffet attendants and a Head Chef.
Benefits: Meals are included during service. Possibility of including lodging and meals with job. Full-time benefits including medical benefits, paid vacation and 401K.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities include :
- Greet guests promptly, cheerfully, and courteously,
- Takes guest remittance as required and makes every effort to ensure a high quality of the guest’s dining experience
- Communicating guest concerns to the Manager as appropriate
- Clean tables, restock plates, cutlery etc.
- Checking levels of product in the buffet and reporting replacement needs to the kitchen management.
- Set-up and tear down of cold and hot buffet items as assigned.
- Keep the dining area replenished and organized (to-go boxes, shakers, napkins, etc).
- Other duties related to job description.
Preferred Qualifications :
Some dining/server experience is preferred
Upbeat and outgoing personality
Excellent communication skills
Willingness and ability to work with diverse populations
Excellent initiative and motivation to independently stay busy. Works well in a fast paced environment.
Application Requirements : Need to pass background screening and provide references.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- One location
Work Location: One location
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org