Job Opportunity: Appalachian Blind & Closet Sales Consultant - Design
Appalachian Blind & Closet has been serving the High Country as the premier design studio of window coverings and home organization for 25 years. We are experiencing tremendous growth and are seeking a dedicated, adaptable individual to join our team. Qualified candidates will have impeccable verbal and written communication skills, a friendly, energetic demeanor, strong multi-tasking skills, and incredible attention to detail.
· Conduct in-home window treatment and outdoor shading design consultations
· Follow the design process to discern what clients are wanting to achieve
· Recommend and present products to clients that achieve their goals
· Measure window spaces and ensure all designed products are within manufacturer specifications
· Provide support to other window treatment designers
· Inform clients in the showroom about the company’s capabilities
· Question everything (if you see a hole in our systems, we want to know)
· 3+ years of experience working in a design, sales, or customer service role
· Incredible communication skills and emotional intelligence
· Eye for color and texture
· High mechanical aptitude
· Basic understanding of the home building process
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Basic understanding of Adobe Acrobat
· Basic understanding of cloud-based filing
· Working knowledge of CRM software (Salesforce is a plus)
· Able to complete complex administrative tasks with a high level of autonomy
· Above all the ideal candidate will be honest, ethical, and trustworthy.
As owners/managers we strive to provide value to our employees through offering excellent payment, career advancement, the highest quality work equipment, investment opportunities, significant bonuses, and flexible scheduling. This position has the added perk of a company car to be used for all design appointments and travel to and from work. We make every effort to hire the highest quality people and operate under a philosophy of open communication to create a psychologically beneficial environment.
We want you to enjoy and be fulfilled by your career!
Become a part of our energetic, growth-oriented, and hard-working team that provides truly unique solutions and an exceptional customer service experience. Come live, work, and play in Boone, NC, a college town nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains offering big-city cultural attractions and endless activities for the outdoor enthusiast.
We look forward to hearing from you today!