Job Opportunity: Ameriprise Financial
Administrative Assistant - Financial Planning at Walker and Associates, A private wealth advisory practice of Ameriprise Financial, Inc. Boone, NC 28607
Step into an instrumental role. Help conduct the smooth operation of a fast-paced—and friendly—financial planning office. Work as an employee of an independent advisor franchisee with a financial advisory practice of Ameriprise Financial. Assist in daily business operations.
This position completes tasks previously performed by the advisor, allowing the advisor to focus more time and energy on client acquisition and deepening client relationships. The administrative assistant supports the many different tasks for which the practice is responsible and ties directly to the overall business plan of the practice. The administrative assistant allows the advisor the assurance he/she needs to know that his/her practice is being maintained and supported within Ameriprise Financial guidelines.
This role provides administrative support by scheduling meetings, preparing presentations, preparing client communications and tracking new business correspondence. This role is responsible for responding to ad hoc requests, coordinating/tracking projects and/or managing business-as-usual projects such as filing, copying, researching printer problems, and/or organizing the logistics of a client seminar.
Responsibilities and Time Allocation – Will change over time to meet the needs of the practice and can include other duties as assigned by the advisor.
90% Administrative assistance
- Prepare correspondence for advisor signature ·
- Copy and track all client and practice materials including business correspondence
- Copy and follow-up with home office on related issues ·
- Schedule client appointments and prepare agendas/ forms for appointments ·
- Conduct client appointment reminder calls and check-in calls on follow up items
- Assist the planning assistant(s), paraplanner(s), associate financial advisor(s) and advisor(s) ·
- Perform other allowable duties as assigned by the financial advisor(s)
10% Client care ·
- Greet clients upon arrival and extend hospitality to clients
- Set up and maintain client management system
- Write notes or letters to clients on personal letterhead of administrative nature only and administer client appreciation
- Document client contacts/calls ·
- Track client special events and make appropriate contact per established client contact model
Key Traits of a Successful Administrative Assistant: ·
- Strong organizational and computer skills ·
- Direct attention to detail and organization ·
- Effective communication with clients and other advisors/staff ·
- Effective and efficient time management ·
- Polite and clear phone manner ·
- Ability to multi-task ·
- Ability to adhere to rules and regulations as stated and required by advisor and Ameriprise ·
- Ability to support and provide guidance for compliance within the advisor’s practice
- Positive attitude and sincere willingness to constantly learn and grow
Education and Other Designations: · High school degree or higher
Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc.
4469 Bamboo Road Suite 105
Boone, NC 28607