Job Opportunity: Blackburn, Childers & Steagall, PLC - Audit Associate
Are you Motivated and have a Great Attitude?
Look no further….
- Be a part of a team that encourages continuous education and training
- Appreciates hard work and accomplishments
- Positive work environment
Blackburn, Childers & Steagall, PLC, is seeking an Associate Auditor to join our Audit Team in Boone, NC. As a member of our growing firm, you will experience meaningful and challenging work, recognition, competitive salaries, benefits, career development, retirement plan benefits, flexible work schedule and family-friendly atmosphere.
Ensures compliance with laws, rules, and regulations by planning and completing audits; identifying inadequate, inefficient, or ineffective management and accounting operation systems; recommending improvements.
- Exhibit a deeper understanding of audit standards and be able to interpret complex standards.
- Exhibit an advanced knowledge and understanding of audit department software and to be able to assist others with software functions.
- Proficient at preparing and reviewing complete and organized work papers, specifically focused on complex topics. Have the ability to apply auditor judgement in reaching conclusions.
- Able to complete complex financial statements and more detailed footnotes.
- Able to prioritize assigned duties to meet deadlines. Able to formulate a time budget and adhere to it in performing an engagement.
- Act as the primary contact for a client, keeping an open channel to request documents and holding regular conferences to discuss status and findings as the engagement progresses.
- Protects company reputation by keeping information confidential
- Contributes to team results by helping others accomplish related job results where needed
Education, Skills and Qualifications:
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA License preferred
- 2-3 years’ experience, preferably in Public Accounting