Job Opportunity: Software Developer - ECRS
JOB TITLE: Software Developer
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Development
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
JOB SUMMARY / DESCRIPTION:
At ECRS, Software Developers design or customize software for client use with the aim of automating the retail industry. The individuals in this role develop, create, and modify applications software or specialized utility programs, analyze user needs, and develop software solutions. Software Developers also analyze and design databases within an application area.
GOAL / OBJECTIVE OF ROLE:
To deliver cutting-edge retail software applications that improve and enhance the efficiency of ECRS's customers' business outcomes.
- Designs or develops software systems using design and functional specifications, scientific analysis, good software development practices, and mathematical models.
- Writes, updates, and maintains computer applications and software packages to handle specific jobs such as tracking inventory, storing/retrieving data, or controlling other equipment.
- Develops or directs software system testing and validation procedures.
- Reviews and modifies existing software to correct errors, to adapt it to new hardware, or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance.
- Directs software programming and development of corresponding documentation.
- Consults with customers or other departments on project status, contractual commitments, or technical issues, such as software system design or maintenance.
- Consults with the ECRS Design team to evaluate interface between hardware and software, develop specifications and performance requirements, or resolve customer problems.
- Conducts pretesting of programs and software applications to validate and identify inconsistencies with the design specifications.
- Consults with the QA and Design teams to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
- Proficiency in JAVA
- Experience in software testing and debugging including the use of automated testing processes.
- Familiarity with relational databases
- Experience with SQL (statements, store procedures, triggers)
- Basic understanding of a retail environment & operations
- Four-year degree in a related field preferred
- Two years of experience recommended in a high-transactional environment
- Mobile application experience preferred
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
ECRS is a fast-paced, progressive technology company with a wide range of opportunities for quality-oriented, career-minded individuals. Geographically situated in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains, ECRS offers the unique opportunity high-tech career in a resort college town setting. The ECRS family is made up of energetic, outgoing professionals who love what they do for a living. They are courteous, knowledgeable people who strive for excellence in everything they do. ECRS employees work together in dynamic teams to create, sell, install, and support our best-in-class retail automation solutions.
We believe that acceptance of diversity is one of the reasons we're successful. All qualified applicants who can demonstrate integrity will receive consideration for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, political affiliation, or national origin.