App State ELITE: Part-Time Guest Experience Staff
About Appalachian ELITE:
Appalachian ELITE is a university-wide events staff that was established due to the desire to bring all event staffing needs in-house. Appalachian ELITE is an extension of the Holmes Center staff and will be responsible for staffing all home football games as well as other athletic events and any other large events on campus. There will also be opportunities to work over the winter break and summer, when our student staff is gone.
What we are looking for:
- Someone who is available to work all App State home football games (This will include Saturdays and possibly some weeknights). The shifts will be around 8-9 hours.
- Someone who enjoys helping and interacting with others in a kind and respectable manner.
- Someone who is very attentive to what is going on in their specific area instead of watching the game.
- Someone who can recognize opportunities that may arise and seek out positive ways to handle the opportunities with excellent customer service.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, walk up or down ramps and stairs during the events
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Act as a frontline representative assisting with guests and staff at all entry points of the stadium
- Secure gates and access points to ensure guests do not enter without the appropriate ticket/credential
- Direct fans around the facility and communicate stadium policies to guests
- Effectively answer guest questions with regards to wayfinding and assisting with mobile ticketing
- Understand stadium layout and policies and procedures
- Respond to guests concerns in a respectful and calm manner and appropriately escalate issues to a supervisor
- Assist with stadium set-up procedures: including checking assigned areas for safety hazards, checking elevators, and delivering or setting up necessary equipment Link to apply : https://appstate.peopleadmin.com/postings/38933