Better Business is Our Business
Increasing Your Visibility. Building Awareness. Promoting Your Brand.
- Identification - A membership plaque and window decal identify you as a member in good standing with the Chamber.
- Presence on the Internet - As a part of your membership investment, you are listed alphabetically and categorically on the Internet at www.boonechamber.com, plus have e-mail and web page hot links from the directory listing, at no charge. Additionally, we encourage you to place our online membership decal on your web site, so that people who access your web site are aware of your Chamber affiliation. Click Here for the decal and instructions.
FOCUS Magazine – Newcomers Guide – Membership Directory
This annual, combined publication highlights the High Country’s unique qualities and lists all members alphabetically and categorically. It is distributed free of charge to all members. More importantly it is sent directly to all inquiries requesting information on personal and business relocation to the High Country.
- Chamber Voice
The weekly newsletter that keeps you informed about activities and upcoming events of your Chamber. It is published in the Watauga Democrat and the Mountain Times giving the Chamber Voice access to 25,600 readers each week. The theme of each issue is different, high lighting events and information important to both the business community and the community at large.
Advertising - Chamber publications and the web site offer effective and affordable advertising that is targeted toward your potential customers.
- Business Promotion - Member businesses are encouraged to supply the Chamber office with brochures and business cards that will be available to potential residents and visitors. Referrals are made by the Chamber staff when someone visits the office or inquires by phone, e-mail, fax or mail about your specific type of business. As standard policy, we only refer to our members. So, in a very real sense, the Chamber staff works for you...every business day.
- During the past year, the Chamber’s web site scored 1,153,324 page views. People looking for information about Boone on the web find the Chamber as a top listing.
- Our members are our customers, and our members are our owners.
- We want to help provide assistance in meeting and convention planning, in making the connections with prospective customers and community resources, in helping small businesses get off the ground and in helping your business gain exposure, become more visible and become more involved in the community.
- Member-to-Member Advertising - Market your company’s products and services to more than 1200 member contacts. (The fee is $70 for members only.)
Making Connections. Creating a Network. Building Your Reputation.
Program Partnerships: Program Partnerships provide a unique opportunity to a select group of member businesses/organizations to benefit from a pre-paid package of annual Chamber activities, programs, projects, events and functions - at a discounted price.
- A display featuring the Program Partners’ logos travels with us to all chamber functions throughout the year..
- The current Program Partners have all commented that they like the convenience of one annual payment for all Chamber of Commerce events. Businesses may enroll as Program Partners during December for the following calendar year.
- Sponsorships - The Chamber offers a full spectrum of sponsorships for members to consider. These are legitimate marketing opportunities designed to put your business in the spotlight.
- Annual Meeting – The general meeting of the membership provides an opportunity to report on accomplishments and recognize individuals and businesses that have made significant contributions to the community during the prior year. Annual awards are presented to recognize outstanding achievements by community leaders and Chamber volunteers.
- Boone Business Expo – Our annual business-to-business trade show is a one-day exposition at the Boone Mall showcasing member businesses to the general public.
- Business After Hours – A popular Chamber tradition, this series of high-powered networking events is designed specifically for Chamber members to combine business and pleasure while featuring prominently the host company.
- Last Chance Golf Tournament – A member-guest tournament to add non-dues revenue to the Chamber’s resources. It’s a great event with multiple opportunities to highlight your business at various participation levels.
- New Contacts: Participation in Chamber committees and attendance at Chamber functions offer opportunities to meet prospective customers. It’s been said that we are the “Chamber of Contacts.”
- Member-to-Member Discounts – Chamber members offer special discounts and promotions to other Chamber members and their employees, providing unique economic advantages not available to regular customers.
Supporting Small Businesses. Providing Enrichment. Cultivating Leaders.
ShopLOCAL – The Chamber champions a comprehensive and multi-faceted program to promote the advantages of shopping locally. The initiative helps differentiate the uniqueness of the Boone area, while educating residents, visitors, tourists, summer residents, college students and their parents about the scope of services and products available in the region
- Education & Leadership Development: The Chamber has a strong educational component and is committed to helping advance workforce training initiatives as well as working to prepare the next generation of business leaders.
- Educational Seminars – The Chamber frequently joins with the Watauga Campus of Caldwell Community College & Technical Institute and other organizations to encourage participation in a wide range of workshops, seminars and conferences that help business owners and operators become more successful and productive.
- Wake Up, Watauga – An early morning forum designed to bring out the best guest speakers from the fields of business and industry, education and government. This series gives Chamber members an opportunity to engage in lively dialogue with today’s newsmakers.
- Leadership Skills - Sharpen leadership skills by joining in Chamber activities and becoming a participant in the Watauga Leadership Challenge, a local leadership development program. Alumni of the Leadership program attest to its long-lasting benefits
- Lunch&Learn – A series of lunch hour presentations that are designed to familiarize members with the various initiatives of the Town of Boone and Watauga County.
Perks of Association. Random Advantages. Added Value.
One of the characteristics of a Chamber of Commerce is that “we do the things most people think just happen.” Here are some other advantages of membership:
Discounted Print Advertising – Each new member receives a certificate for free advertising in our local newspapers. With a value of over $300, for most small businesses, this offer exceeds the cost of a one-year membership!
Disability Insurance – Members are eligible for Group Life and Disability Income Insurance, offered through CTGroup of Utica, N.Y. Any insurance agent who is a member of the Chamber can sell the coverage. A variety of group life, short-term disability and long-term disability plans are offered.
Worker’s Compensation Plan – All members may apply for a First Benefits Plan. Designed to reduce cost and hassle, the plan is offered through Chamber member Independent Insurance agents.
Grand Opening Services – The Chamber is ready to assist you with your celebration! Grand openings, ribbon-cuttings, groundbreakings, anniversary celebrations. Events are fee-based and conducted on a first come, first serve basis during normal working hours.
Mailing Labels – Target your company’s mailings to area business leaders by using the best mailing list around.
Sundown Rule: “All inquiries from our members and customers will be answered or acknowledged before the end of each business day.”
Tax Deduction – The Chamber serves as an advocate organization for area businesses, so your Chamber membership investment is deductible as a necessary business expense.
Money-Back Guarantee – The Chamber stands behind its products and services and is pleased to offer new members a 90-day guarantee. If a business joins the Chamber and is not fully satisfied with the level of service, we will return the investment. All we ask is that the new member attends at least three Chamber events to give us a try.
New Member Recruitment – The best form of recruitment is through word-of-mouth by current Chamber members. If a Chamber member provides us a lead that results in the recruitment of a new business, a complimentary luncheon is your reward.