To use member expertise and resources in the support of existing business growth and prosperity and to assist entrepreneurs and companies seeking to expand/relocate to the High Country.
- To initiate programs and services targeted at advancement of small business.
- To participate in community-based business councils to provide value-added local services.
- Regional Workforce Development
- Watauga Economic Development Commission
- Appalachian Enterprise Center
- Caldwell Community College & Technical Institute – Small Business Center
- Town of Boone Planning Commission
- To partner with tourism promotion organizations in the development of the High Country as a major tourism destination(ie. High Country Host and local Tourism Development Authorities).
- To be a referral/distribution/communication source of business-beneficial information.
- Sponsor the annual Boone Business EXPO.
- Support ‘shop local’ initiatives
- Host ‘Wake Up Watauga’ community information presentations
- Sponsor community recognition awards
- Outstanding Customer Service Program
- Business of the Year Award
- Alfred Adams Award for Economic Development
- Ben Suttle Special Services Award
- Sue Wilmoth Award for Tourism Development